CMD Home | Subscribe | Index | 1996 Index | CM Trading Post

Table of Contents for this issue:
Subject: Mac II RAM
Re: Web Browser for 4MB b/w Macs?
Re: Classic Mac Posts 11.14.2
Re: cx/Mobius accelerators?
couple questions
SE/30 upgrades
SE to SE/30
Macintosh Plus is Still Cool
OS for LCII
Mac H/W and S/W
Plus and Zips
Sound problems on an LC
Re: Classic Macs Posts 11.15.1
Re: MacPlus OS, Zip Question
Re: Classic Macs Posts 11.15.1
Classic boot from ROM
Case splitters
Re: Classic Macs Posts 11.15.1
Re: Which version of the OS is best?
7-Up
Re: SE/30 and RAM
Toaster Games

From: Robert Poland

I have a Mac II w/o the FDHD ROM upgrade. It's running a DayStar 40-MHz '030 Universal Powercache. I've tried putting 4 MB SIMM's into bank B and I get the Chimes of Death on startup.

Have you got the right 4 MB SIMM's? The Mac II takes a special 4 MB SIMM? Hint they are very expensive.
Note: the Mac IIfx takes a different special SIMM.

Bob Poland